Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut Officially Announced, Arrives on PS5 and PS4 on August 20

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-key-art-1024x577.jpg
Image: Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch has officially announced the rumored director’s cut of its critically acclaimed action-adventure samurai title, Ghost of Tsushima. Arriving on PS5 ($69.99) and PS4 ($59.99) consoles on August 20, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will feature a brand-new location called Iki Island, as well as PS5-specific enhancements (e.g., DualSense controller haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support), Japanese lip sync, and more. The PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will also boast drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options, frame rates targeting 60 FPS, and enhancements to 3D audio...

Continue reading...

So the PC rumors were false after all? Or they don't want to announce it until console sales die down.

I borrowed a friend's copy to play through the game, and since I don't own the game myself, I was gonna buy this Director's Cut. But for full-f*cking-price (which is $10 more on PS5)?! Or $20 upgrade if you own the original (again, $10 more on PS5). I would rather just wait. I waited for HZD and was able to snag a physical copy for $10 that included The Frozen Wilds DLC (which I finally did play 4 years after I played through the original game). And then of course Sony later completely gave away a digital copy for free. So whenever GoT DC falls to a more sane price, I'll grab it then. Hopefully it'll also make its way to PC, but too late for me there, all my save data is on the PS4.

Or they don't want to announce it until console sales die down.
Gotta wring out all the cash they can get from the Sony platforms, then bust sh1t out on PC to reap more cash harvest.

Become a Patron!
Back