Ghost of Tsushima Is the First PC Port to Include PlayStation Trophy Support and the New PlayStation Overlay

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima, Sucker Punch's critically acclaimed 2020 action-adventure samurai game, will be the first PlayStation PC port to include support for PlayStation Trophies—the achievement system that Sony originally launched on PlayStation Network during the PS3 era, introduced following the success of Microsoft and Xbox's own digital award system.

See full article...

I never liked that Microsoft's achievement foolishness caught on with the other moron. I'm happy Nintendo didn't follow suit. That being said, I do think it's nice that for those who care, playing Microsoft games on Steam gives you both Steam achievements and Xbox achievements. I wonder how Sony will approach things.

Another f*cking overlay though, yeesh, I don't think all that sh1t is needed. Hahahahahaha I just thought about a hilarious scenario in which 4 f*cking overlays are available at once: a Sony game, played on a Microsft OS, running via Steam, on a system using an nVidia graphics card. If you don't turn all those things off, that means in such a game you could at any time bring up one of 4 different overlays. Ridiculous. What happens if you try to bring up an overlay on top of another overlay? Anyways, I don't think PC-only players are gonna be excited to have to log into yet another account. With Microsoft games on Steam you have to log into both your Steam account to use Steam, and your Microsoft account in-game. So I guess it's gonna be the same scenario with Steam and Sony. Although I did notice that Microsoft games on Steam don't actually require you to have a Microsoft account. I have friends who have both Steam and Microsoft/Xbox accounts who still only just use their Steam accounts on PC with Microsoft games, and don't log into their Microsoft accounts.

As for achievements/trophies/whatever-the-f*ck, I will admit that sometimes an achievement can point out something interesting in the game I didn't know about, or convey other sometimes useful information about the game. In general though I think video games would have been better off without this kind of stuff. Although I mostly take a stance that it hasn't caused any real harm either, unlike other trends in the modern era of gaming like microtransactions and paid DLC, so if people wanna feel special for earning "achievements", then sure, they can knock themselves out.

If you haven’t launched the Xbox app on Windows lately - it not only logs into your Xbox account, but also will launch both EA and Battle.net and ask you to log in there.

3 launchers for the price of one. It’s utterly retarded.

Become a Patron!
Back