GIGABYTE Launching AORUS FO48U 4K HDMI 2.1 OLED Monitor Soon

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-fo48u-gaming-monitor-front-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE has been teasing a beautiful new monitor called the AORUS FO48U that leverages an OLED panel for the highest image quality. According to a new press release from the company, that display will be available to purchase very shortly. GIGABYTE’s AORUS FO48U OLED panel measures 47.53 inches and offers UHD 4K (2,840 x 2,160) resolution, refresh rates of up to 120 Hz, HDR10/HLG support, 98 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, and 130 percent of the sRGB color space. Connectivity options include 2x HDMI 2.1 ports and 1x DisplayPort 1.4. GIGABYTE’s press release also confirmed that another of its upcoming HDMI 2.1 monitors, the 32-inch AORUS FI32U with IPS panel and 144 Hz refresh rate, would be available soon.

Riding the FV43U’s popularity and hot sales record, GIGABYTE continues its triumphant run, launching two other 4K...

Continue reading...

I do have my eye on these monitors - I like the features, size and pricing. I read about quality control issues with the FI32U and FV43U on [H] from users, but who knows what the actual numbers look like (and there's always returns).

Still, I've hummed and hawed over the CX48 but never bit on it because I didn't want to deal with TV annoyances (ie: lack of PC-specific inputs, screen protection, power on/off) but this FO48U with its KVM and DisplayPort - I'm definitely feeling it. Hoping some indepth reviews or user impressions go up on it shortly.

Still, I've hummed and hawed over the CX48 but never bit on it because I didn't want to deal with TV annoyances

I've been using my CX 48 for a few months now, and I have no complaints. I think the whole screen protection issue is way overblown IMO, and as far as the power on/off I don't have a problem with that either, but everyone is different. I would check out this new Aorus monitor if I didn't already have the CX for sure.

Become a Patron!
Back