GIGABYTE Updates Website with AORUS FI32U: 31.5-Inch 4K Monitor with 144 Hz Refresh Rate and HDMI 2.1

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-fi32u-gaming-monitor-gaming-on-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE has published the official product page for one of its upcoming tactical gaming monitors, the AORUS FI32U. This is a 31.5-inch display that leverages a 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) SuperSpeed IPS panel with a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz, response time of 1 ms GTG/1 ms MPRT, and support for DisplayHDR 400. Connectivity options include x2 HDMI 2.1, x1 DisplayPort 1.4 (DSC), x3 USB 3.0, and 1x USB-C.

AORUS FI32U Gaming Monitor Specifications

Display Viewing Area (HxV)697.3056 X 392.2344 (mm)Panel Backlight/ TypeEdge typeDisplay Surface(non-glare/ glare)Non-glareColor Saturation95% DCI-P3/ 123% sRGBTrue Resolution3840 X 2160 (UHD)Pixel Pitch0.181 (H) X 0.181 (V) (mm)Brightness350 cd/m2 (TYP)Contrast Ratio1000 1 (TYP)Viewing Angle178 (H)/178 (V)Display Colors10 bits (8 bits + FRC)Response Time1ms GTG / 1ms MPRTRefresh Rate144Hz...

Continue reading...

What I find interesting is the built in ESS Sabre DAC, curious as to which chip that is?
Could sound ok if the analog stage can output a clean signal thru the Audio Out (headphone jack?), Hook up to an amp and off you go at least for 2.1.

What I find interesting is the built in ESS Sabre DAC, curious as to which chip that is?
Could sound ok if the analog stage can output a clean signal thru the Audio Out (headphone jack?), Hook up to an amp and off you go at least for 2.1.
Could put a decent amp in there too- it really isn't that hard, but it certainly is easy to mess up. Even pro audio companies do it on occasion, and Apple, Google, and LG are known for the headphone amps in their phones.

The DAC is important, but... not that much. Plenty of other 'weak links' in the signal chain to fix first, and those reach all the way back to the recording studio.

What would be interesting would be for the monitor to have a decent ADC too, so you could hook up say a PC38x and go.

Like I said, a good Analog stage would be neat.

Become a Patron!
Back