GIGABYTE X870 AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE Motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9000/8000/7000 Series CPUs Arrives on September 30

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The first motherboards to leverage X870 and X870E, AMD's latest Socket AM5 Chipsets, will be available on September 30 for powering Ryzen 9000, Ryzen 8000, and Ryzen 7000 Series processors, according to updated product listings at retailers that include Amazon.

See full article...

The price is high... buuut... it's a nice looking board and the features are chefs kiss so I'm not terribly surprised.

I really thought about getting one of the X870 boards, but my "inexpensive" MSI B650 board does everything I need, so I'm not sure I will.

I'm looking at these, but I'm also seeing something concerning in the specs - that using the second and third M.2 slots means running the primary PCIe slot at x8 instead of x16, while using the fourth M.2 slot means losing the x4 PCIe slot altogether.

I know I may be an outlier with four M.2 NVMe drives in use, but I can do that on an aging Z690 board without compromise...

I'm looking at these, but I'm also seeing something concerning in the specs - that using the second and third M.2 slots means running the primary PCIe slot at x8 instead of x16, while using the fourth M.2 slot means losing the x4 PCIe slot altogether.

I know I may be an outlier with four M.2 NVMe drives in use, but I can do that on an aging Z690 board without compromise...
Oh yea that's a bummer... did some reading.

Yea if you populate the X16 CPU driven PCIE slot. AND the C2B_CPU or or other CPU drive NVME port you have to divide PCIE lanes. (sucks).

But you can run 2 NVME's at full fat (provided that's. pcie 4 for less for the second and pcie 5 or lest for the first with a 7000 or 9000 series CPU.

Just not 4 without slicing up your PCIE lanes for your X16 slot.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back