God of War to Receive 4K/60 FPS Patch for PlayStation 5 Tomorrow

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
god-of-war-key-art-title-1024x576.jpg
Image: Santa Monica Studio

If you’re one of the few PlayStation 5 owners who hasn’t experienced Santa Monica Studio’s critically acclaimed action-adventure title God of War yet, now may be the time to finally pick it up, as the developer has announced that it will be releasing a new patch tomorrow that makes the game look and play better than ever. Available on February 2 at no cost, the update will introduce a new video graphics mode called “Enhanced Performance Experience” that not only allows the game to be played in 4K, but at a smooth 60 FPS.

“[…] our team has been working on a video graphics mode option that will enable players to get the most out of the increased performance capabilities of the...

Continue reading...

You have to keep the couple dozen people who both have the game and a PS5 busy with something.

I honestly have not touched my PS5 in a month.

Yeah, me neither - once I secured a new GPU for my PC, the console went back to 'collecting dust' mode (to be fair, is the fate for all my consoles). I'm sure once the next exclusive lands, or poorly timed GPU upgrade, the PS5 will roar again.

I got a couple ps5 games for my birthday and christmas which I can't play, haven't seen a console for sale around here since early december, and I missed those by about 3 hours

Sell it to me :)

Seriously though... have you played Ghost of Tsushima? It looks amazing on base PS4 and is supposed to be even better on PS5 and solid fps. I know it's not "next gen" but it is stone cold awesomesauce.

Yeah, me neither
Oh interesting, I didn't know homeys in here have PS5s. When did you guys get those? How much trouble was it to get them? I don't usually grab consoles until the second half of their generations, once console prices have fallen, and the libraries have been expanded. My general rule is there must be 5 must-have exclusives to play on a particular console before I even think of buying it.

Nice to see GoW4 getting some upgrades for PS5. That was one of my most favorite games from the 8th generation.

Oh interesting, I didn't know homeys in here have PS5s. When did you guys get those? How much trouble was it to get them?

I ordered mine launch day through Best Buy - lots of add/re-adding to get the PS5 into my cart, but once checkout began it was a very smooth experience.

Usually I like to talk big how I won't fall for the hype of a new console launch, but I always disappoint myself by caving in.

The hardware itself is pretty impressive and quiet (at least my model has been quiet - heard there's a noisier variant), and Spider-Man Remastered is great at 60fps.

Become a Patron!
Back