Godfall’s Recommended PC Specs Are Steep: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
godfall-1024x576.jpg
Image: Counterplay Games

Counterplay Games has released the minimum and recommended PC specifications for its upcoming fantasy looter-slasher, Godfall. They seem astonishingly high for a game that doesn’t look all that great to begin with.

For starters, Godfall players will need 16 GB of RAM – an amount normally reserved for High and/or Ultra presets – just to enjoy the game at standard quality. That’s a little shocking, since “recommended” configurations typically equate to lower resolutions (e.g., 1080p) and medium graphics settings.

The recommended column also lists two relatively modern processors (AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Intel Core i7-8700K), as well as two graphics cards that are usually reserved for higher presets (AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT [8 GB], NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti [11 GB]). Again, this level of hardware is pretty surprising...

Continue reading...

I was going to say it might be uncommon but when I started as a computer enthusiest it wasn't uncommon for new games coming out to actually require rather current gen hardware. I can't even properly recall the number of times I upgraded some piece of hardware to get an edge on a games recommended specs.

It's only really been since the introduction of the iseries CPU's that the upgrade dance slowed way down. It isn't a bad thing that vendors are realizing 4 cores and 2 ghz are not real caps any more.

We can use the odd game that pushes hardware a bit more
Agreed. We used to get games that were made with future hardware in mind, but now the internet has fostered a bunch of crybabies who complain when they can't run the highest settings on their out-of-date mid-range hardware.

Hey those are my specs and my rig is 5 years old.

Become a Patron!
Back