Godzilla vs. Kong Earns $9.6 Million on Opening Day Despite Pandemic

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
godzilla-vs.-kong-coastline-fight-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Warner Bros.’ new CG-heavy monster mash-up, Godzilla vs. Kong, has managed to rake in an admirable sum of money in theaters despite being released in the middle of a pandemic. According to Variety’s coverage, the movie made $9.6 million on opening day, which is pretty impressive since the film only debuted in 2,409 venues that were running at reduced capacity. Godzilla vs. Kong’s early performance seems to suggest that plenty of moviegoers are still interested in a big-screen theatrical experience, as the film is also available to stream via HBO Max.

So people still go to see movies in theaters even when available at no extra cost on a streaming platform at home (@hbomax) 🤔🤔🤔 looks like Hollywood can learn from...

Continue reading...

Love this. It's like movie fans that are Willing to risk it will go see it in theaters. I'm tempted on this one myself. Big screen big sound minimum people.

I wasn't attracted by the big screen when there was no pandemic, I just don't see the appeal. Especially for the crap movies they put out nowadays.

Become a Patron!
Back