GOG’s New Refund Policy Is Better than Steam’s: Up to 30 Days after Purchase, Even If Played

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gog-logo-purple-space-1024x576.jpg
Image: GOG

GOG is eliminating buyer’s remorse by introducing a new and incredibly generous return policy for those who aren’t happy with how a title runs or plays. Starting today, customers can get a full refund on any game “30 days after purchase, even if it was downloaded, launched, and played.”

That’s a definite improvement over Steam’s policy, which not only limits refunds to within two weeks of purchase, but two hours of playtime. The latter could be a problem for users who run into progression and other major bugs that occur deeper into a game.

gog-galaxy-2.jpg
Image: GOG

GOG’s new refund policy is ripe for abuse, however, which is why the company has...

Continue reading...

Aaaahhh GOG, how I wish every game was released on your store.

You know what with a policy like that I'm LESS likely to request a refund.

I've only ever asked for a refund on two games.

1. Star Citizen. (Denied)

and

2. No Man's Sky.. denied as well.

Very reasonable and straight forward policy.
Don't be that person.

I have asked for 1 refund only. On Steam, followed the rules, no issues. I actually like the Steam 2 hour limit.

I’ve never tried to refund a game.

i would much rather just be able to resell or trade the license. RIP Gamestop...

For the first time I decided to refund a couple of games on Steam. Tried them both and didn't care for them. Steam refunded them with no issues.

Can't read that from work... but maybe Dev's shouldn't publish incomplete **** games? Not saying all do but those that are worried are worried for a reason. They've been publishing Beta as a publish ready and now they will have to bare the weight of customers who are dissatisfied with that situation.

Here's the rub. GOG did this before Cyberpunk was released. This means if the game comes out and is trash (I doubt it) they will be on the hook like everyone else.

This isn't Steam that hasn't seen a real game release from Valve in like a decade deciding to do this. This is a game developer and publisher doing this.

Become a Patron!
Back