Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro Final Specifications Leaked, May Include Five Years of Software Updates

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
google-pixel-6-pro-onleaks-digit-front-back-1024x576.jpg
Image: OnLeaks

The full and final specifications for Google’s upcoming Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones have leaked courtesy of Front Page Tech’s Jon Prosser. According to Prosser’s trusted source, both of these devices will feature Google’s custom “Whitechapel” chipset developed in collaboration with Samsung, as well as 5G and WiFi 6E support. The bigger Pixel 6 Pro will feature a slightly larger OLED display (6.71 inch vs. 6.4 inch), a larger battery (5,000 mAh vs. 4,614 mAh), 4 GB of additional RAM (12 GB vs 8 GB), and a 48 MP telephoto lens in addition to the 50 MP wide and 12 MP ultra wide lenses on the rear camera module. Prosser was also told that the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will include five years of software updates, which is two years more than what Google traditionally provides. The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are expected to launch by October...

Continue reading...

Offers 5 years of updates, with a device that will have 2-3 years of battery life... BRILLIANT!

Wow, that was quick...

Didn't they just release the Pixel 5?

I was expecting to see a 5a this fall, 6 next fall. I guess they are mixing up the product launch schedules.

I was hoping for a 5a this fall to replace my Pixel 3 which stops receiving security updates in October. I wonder if that is on the table, or if they are skipping it.

Offers 5 years of updates, with a device that will have 2-3 years of battery life... BRILLIANT!

I'm thrilled to finally se them going to 5 years of support. The end of security updates has been what has forced me to stop using every recent phone I have owned. (I refuse to use any device that doesn't get regular security patches)

You can nurse the batteries such that they last much longer. For instance, try to never charge them above 80%, unless you REALLY need to, and the battery life extends quite a bit.

Also, your corner phone repair store will replace your battery for you if you don't feel handy enough to do it yourself. It's cheap enough that I just pay the expert so I don't break the glued on screen while trying to pry it off the phone to access the battery.

Only 1399 and 1599. Cheap!

Where did you see those prices? Neither of the articles seem to mention expected pricing.

That said, modern phone pricing is kind of ridiculous. I can't imagine spending that much on a phone. I thought it was nuts when I spent $650 on the first iPhone, but it actually stood out at the time. Most modern phones are just more of the same. I just don't care about phones enough to warrant the price, and really only do basic stuff on my phones (web, email, basic productivity/convenience apps) I don't need them packed with expensive high end chips or screens that are brilliant for movie watching.

I have a home theater setup for movies, and I do most of my productivity and all of my games on my PC, and these will be far superior to any smartphone, no matter how expensive. And I don't need or want any of their fancy AI tech. In fact I consider it a negative, and would rather go without if at all possible.

The phone is just for basic stuff when I am on the go and can't use my better devices.

Last edited:
Also, that camera bar across the back looks pretty obnoxious...

Wow, that was quick...

Didn't they just release the Pixel 5?

I was expecting to see a 5a this fall, 6 next fall. I guess they are mixing up the product launch schedules.

I was hoping for a 5a this fall to replace my Pixel 3 which stops receiving security updates in October. I wonder if that is on the table, or if they are skipping it.

I'm thrilled to finally se them going to 5 years of support. The end of security updates has been what has forced me to stop using every recent phone I have owned. (I refuse to use any device that doesn't get regular security patches)

You can nurse the batteries such that they last much longer. For instance, try to never charge them above 80%, unless you REALLY need to, and the battery life extends quite a bit.

Also, your corner phone repair store will replace your battery for you if you don't feel handy enough to do it yourself. It's cheap enough that I just pay the expert so I don't break the glued on screen while trying to pry it off the phone to access the battery.

Where did you see those prices? Neither of the articles seem to mention expected pricing.

That said, modern phone pricing is kind of ridiculous. I can't imagine spending that much on a phone. I thought it was nuts when I spent $650 on the first iPhone, but it actually stood out at the time. Most modern phones are just more of the same. I just don't care about phones enough to warrant the price, and really only do basic stuff on my phones (web, email, basic productivity/convenience apps) I don't need them packed with expensive high end chips or screens that are brilliant for movie watching.

I have a home theater setup for movies, and I do most of my productivity and all of my games on my PC, and these will be far superior to any smartphone, no matter how expensive. And I don't need or want any of their fancy AI tech. In fact I consider it a negative, and would rather go without if at all possible.

The phone is just for basic stuff when I am on the go and can't use my better devices.
Prices are out of my behind. I promise it will be absurd.

Well the pixel 5, a rather normal looking phone, is $700. I could see 6 around a grand. Gotta catch them all you know.

Well the pixel 5, a rather normal looking phone, is $700. I could see 6 around a grand. Gotta catch them all you know.
Yeah... $700 is about as high as I would go for a phone... I love my Pixel 5 right now. No need to go Pokemon hunting with the 6..

I have the 3, I'm considering jumping to a 5. The 6 has no appeal for me.

Become a Patron!
Back