Gotham Knights Now Exclusive to PC and Current-Gen Consoles, PS4 and Xbox One Versions Canceled

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Gotham Knights will no longer be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles as originally planned, according to the end of a new gameplay demo that developer Warner Bros. Games Montréal released on YouTube today.

Go to post

Help me out here! What... what did I just watch here, after over a YEAR OF DELAY, a half-baked Batman Origins (2013 sequel) that suppose to utilize current-gen tech?! Dafaq is this sniz?! Why is Nightwing walking around like he's angry from being constipated, huh? Arms are all bowed out? Dafaq! Nightwing kicking mofos off of rooftops. Dafaq! Facial gestures/animations (lack of facial MoCap) look horrible, character models/objects look like Origin's days (just only a bump in lighting) uhm... rubber bullets? So, spongy enemies? Dafaq! And for 70 bones?!!! /swallows gum\

This cannot be the final beta and going gold soon. Can't be! Late April Fool's joke, right?! 🤞

Last edited:
According to a developer at WB Games, the Xbox Series S’ “potato” GPU is the reason why the game’s framerate couldn’t be increased. Lead Character and Technical Draftsman Gotham Knights Lee Devonald claims that the Xbox Series S is the underperforming when it comes to gaming power. In a series of tweets (now being deleted), he says games lose a lot of things to get them running at 60fps.
Of course the tweet caused thousands of gamers to attack each other over resolutions and framerates. Many of them claim that other games run at 60 FPS on the Xbox Series S and there shouldn’t be a reason for it Gotham Knights Not.

EDIT:
He also clarifies that, while Rocksteady has the same parent company as Gotham Knights developer WB Games Montreal, he is completely unfamiliar with the project and doesn't know anything about its development or what may be limiting the game.

Last edited:
I mean... then isn't wrong. Consoles are not magic boxes able to do everything. All they need to do is swap out the video card and... oh wait.. sorry.. GF.

Gotham Knights is limited to 30fps across all consoles because the Xbox Series S has a “potato” GPU?

What frame rate are most current-generation console games targeting? Here is a quote from the recent article about the God of War Ragnarök PS5 bundle: "Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps."

I thought 30fps was supposed to be a thing of the past on consoles. Granted, it's just an option in the case of the GoW sequel, but it still sounds weird to me that 30fps is a target at any resolution or settings. I would've hoped that 60 would be the minimum acceptable target, which seems like a reasonable rate for most single-player games.
Of course the tweet caused thousands of gamers to attack each other over resolutions and framerates. Many of them claim that other games run at 60 FPS on the Xbox Series S and there shouldn’t be a reason for it Gotham Knights Not.
Of course it would be crazy to expect adults (?) to be capable of having a civil discussion about video games.

Developers bet that most people would rather see the eye candy than get 60fps — and I admit, sitting back on a couch a good distance from the screen, playing with a wireless controller over a Wi-Fi network (a casual non-competitive environment) - the higher framerate looks nice but all those other effects make more of an impact

I’d rather have HDR than 60FPS, for instance

Become a Patron!
Back