Gotham PD Series Set in “The Batman” World Coming to HBO Max

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
the-batman-pattinson-red-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Is Matt Reeves’s new Batman film with Robert Pattinson going to be any good? We have no idea, but WarnerMedia is already placing some serious bets on the world that’s been created by the Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Cloverfield director.

In a press release issued today, HBO Max announced that it is developing a spin-off series involving The Batman’s Gotham City police department. It isn’t clear whether Jeffrey Wright (who plays the new Commissioner Gordon) will be in it, but the show will, obviously, deal with the crime and corruption that’s rampant in the famed city.

Matt Reeves said, “This is an amazing opportunity, not only to expand the vision of the world I am creating in the film, but...

Continue reading...

Same. I really wanted to like Gotham, but it got less and less enjoyable with every season.

Couldn't get into Gotham myself, and not really feeling the interest in this series.

With that said, a Netflix Dare Devil-esque series starring Batman could be great. Imagine season one being based on Year One, season 2 The Long Halloween - I think it would be great stuff.

Become a Patron!
Back