GPU Shortage Results in Prebuilt Gaming Desktops without Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
fierce-pc-nexus-elite-1024x576.jpg
Image: Fierce PC

The shortage of NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards has gotten so bad that select system builders have begun establishing new prebuilt gaming desktop lineups that don’t include GPUs. One of these is Fierce PC, a UK-based boutique builder that has begun advertising “No GPU Systems” lacking any sort of discrete graphics option. The retailer warned that prospective buyers will need one if they actually want their systems to boot up.

Introducing our range of systems, ready for you to install your own graphics card. This range of systems is not supplied with a graphics card and without a graphics card will not boot up. We ask customers to keep this in mind when ordering from this range...

Continue reading...

Wow... just... wow. Right now 75% of the reason to go prebuilt is because you can actually get a video card. I feel lucky.

AKA.. "PLEASE BUY OUR STUFF WE WANT YOUR MONEY!!"

Yea I need to take back the caps in my post. I went to the site. Pretty much unless you KNOW to search for Nexus you will have a hard time finding these non video card having PC's. They ARE there but you pretty much have to search for the Nexus name.

So while yes they DO sell chassis without video cards... So does every computer parts shop in the world.

Yea it's kind of odd for a SI to offer an non functioning build. But it isn't the only build they offer by far. Looking at gaming desktops has over 20 pages of complete configurations.

Become a Patron!
Back