Graphics Card Supply to Remain Constrained Throughout 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Sources within the graphics cards industry are continuing to drive home the fact that gamers and other like-minded enthusiasts will have to suffer for at least another year before they can acquire their GPU of choice without unpleasantries such as scalping and exorbitant pricing. The latest warning comes from a DigiTimes report, which expectedly blamed chip and component shortages as one of the main reasons behind the graphics card drought. Cryptomining has also fueled GPU pricing and reduced availability, but manufacturers have little to complain about based on the bank they’re making.

MSI president Jeans Huang expects the company’s consolidated revenues to reach the highest ever level in the first quarter of 2021 and will stay in high gear in the second quarter despite seasonality.Gigabyte Technology, which saw net profits rise 125% on year to...

Continue reading...

I have a buddy whose PC is from 2009, he's in the market for a whole new PC, and this situation isn't helping at all.

I have a buddy whose PC is from 2009, he's in the market for a whole new PC, and this situation isn't helping at all.

I ran into a couple of guys at microcenter looking to get one into gaming. I told them to look into intellivisions new gaming nuc.

I ran into a couple of guys at microcenter looking to get one into gaming. I told them to look into intellivisions new gaming nuc.
They will be able to get a 1650 soon! Only $564.99

"Graphics Card Supply to Remain Constrained Throughout 2021"

I pretty much just assumed this already. Here's to hoping 2022 is better.

Bunch of liars. Oh, there is a component shortage, but we are doing record profits! Yeah because there is no component shortage relative to last year, you are just selling all gpus to chinese miners by the pallet. The so called component shortage is only relative to the artificially bloated demand.

This will all backfire tremendously and we are all going to pay the price because of a a few idiots with greed issues. I'm so mad.

After April 16 EVGA will no longer honor their original prices for the que, and that's pretty much when I stop caring about the 3K series GPU's.

It's now over 6 months since the 3080 launch and It very much looks like I'll just skip that gen. DLSS keeps my ole 2070 ticking in many newer titles and honestly I havent really seriously needed more graphics horse power in a while for the games I play.

In other words, A 3080 would have been nice but I'm content with what I got. I can still hang out and talk to my pig.

Last edited:
Ugh, I skipped last generation, now I have to continue to skip.

I shouldn't have sold that 5700XT I had which seems to be worth $700 now.
I don't want double priced 1650, 1660, 700, 1000 series cards. You know that 1080ti I have is worth more than I paid for it?

That RX480 is worth more than I paid too.

It's stupid.
I just want to explore some new games at 2650x1440, 165 refresh at decent frame rates, and trickle the older stuff down. But oh noooo....

I'm not bitter tho.

I admit I had a bit of buyers remorse after getting the 2080ti for over $1000, but it turned out to be a good decision to buy it when I did. I can hang on to it for 3 more years if necessary and it will still run most games decent enough.

We are not amused.

AMD direct sales could at least do a wait list and screen for scalpers.

We are not amused.

AMD direct sales could at least do a wait list and screen for scalpers.

ALL retailers could do that but none have. Best Buy and Microcenter could allow in store purchases only and that would help a ton but they won't. That's what the biggest problem is, no retailer cares about who gets the cards.

I've stopped caring about the 3000 or the 6000 series of cards. My 2070 is still working fine and I doubt I'll even read a review of a GPU this year.

I swear I fixed this.. Intel s gaming NUC. Damnit.

ALL retailers could do that but none have. Best Buy and Microcenter could allow in store purchases only and that would help a ton but they won't. That's what the biggest problem is, no retailer cares about who gets the cards.

I've stopped caring about the 3000 or the 6000 series of cards. My 2070 is still working fine and I doubt I'll even read a review of a GPU this year.

The malfeasance of of these companies, adding of course Ebay, Amazon, and many more is just plain gross.

I'm irritated about the whole thing - I even wasted my time writing my congressman about Scalping Laws... ya like anyone read it.

Become a Patron!
Back