Guerrilla Games Releases 14 Minutes of Stunning PS5 Gameplay for Horizon Forbidden West

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
horizon-forbidden-dawn-state-of-play-gameplay-screenshot-1024x576.jpg
Image: Guerrilla Games

As promised earlier this week, Guerrilla Games has released 14 minutes of never-before-seen gameplay footage for its upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Horizon Forbidden West. The footage serves as one of the best demonstrations for the power of the PlayStation 5 yet, highlighting the next-gen console’s ability to render lifelike characters, breathtaking environments, and lush vegetation. Guerrilla Games did not share a release date for Horizon Forbidden West, but the title will be available for both PS4 and PS5 consoles.

In the State of Play gameplay footage, Aloy has sent her loyal friend Erend into the remains of San Francisco to recover an important artifact. But he quickly runs into trouble, encountering a rebel faction of the Tenakth tribe – vicious fighters who have somehow acquired the power to override...

Continue reading...

I played the first game back in 2017 but only just recently played through The Frozen Wilds DLC, so it's cool I get to take a look at the sequel already. Lookin' pretty good so far. Cool new additions like the hookshot-thingy, the glider thingy, and underwater exploration (hope the controls don't suck). Really hope I get to play this on PC. The video's framerate was only 30fps, does that mean the game is only 30fps on PS5? Well, glad we got to see some gameplay footage. Lovin' the jungle+beach environment they showed. I wonder what other environments the game has, and how the size of the world compares to the first game's. PS4 load times were horrible, I guess that won't be an issue with the PS5's SSD.

I hope the constant commentary is only for the video's benefit, otherwise it will be really annoying.

Become a Patron!
Back