Half-Life 3 Rumors Swirl as Voice Actor Reveals “Project White Sands,” a New Game in Development at Valve

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Project White Sands, a new video game that may or may not be Half-Life 3, is in development at Valve, according to the resume of Natasha Chandel, a voice actor and WGA/SAG_AFTRA member whose previous credits include several well-known video games, including Starfield, Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, and Call of Duty: Vanguard.

See full article...

Gamers be like-

HL3.jpg

Can I play before I die?
While I wish them all the success in the world on this, it's nearly a lifetime ago when I was first awed by a head crab.

Would be fun to get closure on the Half Life story line. I'd take a HL2 Episode 3 or an HL3 just to give it a real ending.

That said, I doubt it will ever happen. It's a minefield.

Half Life 3 has been so thoroughly hyped up for so long they could never release a game that won't be completely **** on once it releases. People have too high expectations.

White Sands makes me think of the "White Sands Missile Range" in New Mexico where the Army tests new missile designs.

I wonder if it is some sort of missile game :p

Even if it turns out to be true I'd not get excited for it at this stage, I was over Half-Life 15 years ago.

Even if it turns out to be true I'd not get excited for it at this stage, I was over Half-Life 15 years ago.

That is fair.

I honestly cant even remember how the story "ended". I just remember that it didn't. It stopped mid action with the anticipation of another game coming along and it never did.

Exited? Nah. I wouldn't be excited. But I would most definitely play it. Maybe not immediately upon launch, but I'd snap it up on sale at some point.

I'd re-play through HL1, HL2 and all the episodes in order first, just so it is fresh in my memory.

Question is, do I start with original HL1, or do I play Black Mesa instead? :p

Even HL2 is 20 years old now, that means there are a bunch of gamers out there who wasn't even born when HL2 came out. Think about that.

That also means whatever they do will probably stand on its own and you won't need to be aware of the story from the old games to be able to play it.

Could very much be like Baulder’s gate 3. Callbacks to 2, but no need to have played it to follow the story

Become a Patron!
Back