Halo 3 Comes to The Master Chief Collection for PC on July 14

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-3-master-chief-assault-rifle-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

Get ready to finish the fight…on PC! Microsoft and 343 Industries have announced that Halo 3 will be released for The Master Chief Collection for PC on July 14, 2020. As you might imagine, this version includes all sorts of neat upgrades from the original Xbox versions, such as higher resolutions and frame rates. With the third game being complete, the only loose end now is Halo 4, which will presumably be finished by the end of the year.

“Halo 3 will be coming to Steam and the Microsoft Store on July 14, updated and enhanced with customizable mouse and keyboard support, 60+ FPS, and other PC-specific settings,” wrote Microsoft. “Witness the Master Chief’s return to finish the fight on Earth and experience new features such as a Challenge system, expanded Spartan customization, upgrades to Forge, and more!”

“Halo: The Master Chief...

Continue reading...

Does anyone still care about Halo 3 at this point? Come on it was like 15 years ago

I'd still like to be able to finally play it with mouse and keyboard. It has been a transformative experience for all the other Halo games released on PC so far. While I was already covered for Halo 1 and 2 on PC for years with Gearbox's original Halo 1 port, and Project Cartographer for Halo 2, all the rest of the games have been absent. As many times as I've been through all the Halo games on consoles, there was nothing like finally getting to play Halo Reach with mouse and keyboard. It was like I finally, truly played it for the first time. Looking forward to the same with Halo 3 and especially ODST. Instead of playing the Halo games like a drunk baby, and with artificially increased difficulty, thanks to having to use a controller, I could finally use certain weapons (Carbine, DMR, Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle for example), engage in combat properly (headshots on Brutes for example, or just plain being able to hit targets the way I intended), and see+feel the true potential of Halo gameplay with mouse and keyboard. So yeah, while Halo 3 is not my favorite in the series, and I played all the Bungie Halo games a ton over the past nearly two decades, I am very much looking forward to being able to play it with proper controls.

It is nice to play Halo 3 with mouse and keyboard. I have a controller, but I don't care to use it unless its for racing or flight sims.

Become a Patron!
Back