Halo Infinite Is the Best Game in the Series, according to John Carpenter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-infinite-master-chief-side-profile-assault-rifle-on-back-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

John Carpenter is a legendary director who’s best known for classic films such as The Thing and Halloween, but he also happens to be a pretty avid gamer.

Carpenter, who celebrates his birthday today (74), took to Twitter this weekend to comment on one of the latest games that he’s playing—Microsoft and 343 Industries’ new open-world Halo sequel, Halo Infinite. According to the iconic filmmaker, Halo Infinite is actually the best game in the series, a pretty big compliment considering the critical acclaim that Bungie managed to achieve with the original Halo: Combat Evolved and other earlier titles in the franchise.

HALO INFINITE is a fun shooter. Immense beautiful production design. Best of the Halo series.— John Carpenter (@TheHorrorMaster)...

Continue reading...

Best known for his classic remake of the Thing.

Cool he is a gamer tho

I've heard nothing but good things about the game. I'm just waiting until the co-op mode is released before buying and playing it.

Article suggests he is
Article just reports that he did a shout-out on twitter. There is nothing there that suggests he is an actual gamer. I mean did the guy ever comment about any games before this? If not, then sorry, I'm not buying it. More like someone put him up to it, or is doing it as a favor.

Well, it seems your argument is with info on the internet. A quick Google finds stuff like this.

"As you might expect, Carpenter seems to be a big fan of horror games. Perhaps a bit more surprising, he also enjoys the Borderlands series, too. But he seems open to playing almost anything. ... He's also talked about playing various Ubisoft open-world games, like Far Cry 4."

Make of it what you will. I have no further comments on the matter.

Other than what I posted, cool he is that age and has an interest in games and he remade the movie the thing. That wasn't his originally to begin with.

Beyond that...... Meh

Well, it seems your argument is with info on the internet. A quick Google finds stuff like this.

[/URL][/URL]

"As you might expect, Carpenter seems to be a big fan of horror games. Perhaps a bit more surprising, he also enjoys the Borderlands series, too. But he seems open to playing almost anything. ... He's also talked about playing various Ubisoft open-world games, like Far Cry 4."

Make of it what you will. I have no further comments on the matter.

Other than what I posted, cool he is that age and has an interest in games and he remade the movie the thing. That wasn't his originally to begin with.

Beyond that...... Meh
Cool, why so defensive? I asked, didn't state anything. I'm legitimately suspicious when hollywood types come out as gamers. It's not as if they didn't lie before about that. Like Brie what's your favorite game: nintendo Larson.

In fact your link still doesn't convince me, the quotes easily could be written by a pr guy who is familiar with game franchises. The only thing that'd make my doubts go away if there were at least some twitter posts from earlier years where he commented on games. I was genuinely curious if this is true, it's not an attack, it's a healthy dose of scepticism.

Angry Joe says the single player is pretty good but the multiplayer is hot garbage

Become a Patron!
Back