Halo Infinite Will Launch on December 8, 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
halo-infinite-key-art-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: 343 Industries

Microsoft put on an admirable show yesterday with its Gamescom event, showcasing beautiful Xbox/Windows titles such as Forza Horizon 5, but one thing that the company left out was a release date for one of its most anticipated releases of the year, Halo Infinite. It got some Halo fans questioning whether the game would suffer yet another delay, possibly into 2022, but apparently, that’s not a concern at all.

According to a source with The Verge, Halo Infinite will release on December 8, 2021, fulfilling 343 Industries’ earlier promises of a holiday debut. This means that Halo fans will be able to suit up as the Master Chief again before Christmas and spend most of their holiday break taking on the Banished in the campaign or other Spartans in multiplayer mode.

The date initially surfaced as part of an updated Halo Infinite listing on the Microsoft...

Continue reading...

My only concern is if this game will suck as much as Halo 5. Hopefully not. I enjoyed all the other Halo games, even 4, but 5 was some @ss. Another big issue with Halo 5 was no local co-op, and apparently 6 will ship without that as well. Not a good move guys. Anyways, Halo 6 is not really on my radar. I am glad though that Microsoft no longer limits their games to the Xbox/Windows Store and UWP on PC, and that they release their games on PC as well as console. I still don't think Halo 6 should support XB1 though.

Still having a blast with Halo MCC on PC. After so many years of having to play most of those games on f*cking consoles, it has been a joyous, wondrous, liberating experience to play them on PC, armed with a mouse and keyboard. Cool that the XB1 version of MCC also supports mouse and keyboard. And yes, I do own Gearbox's Halo 1 port, that was the first Halo game I ever bought, and before MCC came to PC, Halo 2 Project Cartographer was an excellent (and legally free) way to play Halo 2 on PC.

Become a Patron!
Back