Harrison Ford Says That Indiana Jones 5 Will Begin Shooting “In About Two Months”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-golden-idol-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

Indiana Jones…and the Retirement Home of Doom? Harrison Ford may be 77 years old, but the actor believes he still has what it takes to put on the ol’ fedora, leather jacket, and whip.

In a recent interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Ford revealed that Indiana Jones 5 would begin shooting “in about two months.” The movie has been in the works since 2016 and was actually supposed to debut this summer, but writers have been struggling to come up with an interesting script.

While the plot is unknown, we can assume that Indy will be on the hunt for yet another legendary artifact. Asked about what the challenge would be this time around, Ford said that he was mainly concerned with “trying not to look silly, running around in tight pants and high boots.”

“I’m always delighted to come...

Continue reading...

I am ALL for this! Though I think if he's punching Nazi's he might break his hand at 77. Still that dude is in better shapen than I will be at 77. (probably worm food)

Struggling with the script for 4 years? Why do I get the feeling they were trying to make Indy a secondary character in this one, while the main role was to be played by a purple haired lesbian, preferably from a minority group.

I'm all for another Indy movie, but until more is known, I'm keeping my excitement level at 0.

Struggling with the script for 4 years? Why do I get the feeling they were trying to make Indy a secondary character in this one, while the main role was to be played by a purple haired lesbian, preferably from a minority group.

I'm all for another Indy movie, but until more is known, I'm keeping my excitement level at 0.
In order for them to continue the series, passing the torch is inevitable. Whom ever they pick will upset some, but hopefully they pick someone that at least works/fits even if not universally liked. I’d hope Hollywood learned something over the last decade. Maybe they can find a different theme for 2020. Lol

I could see someone like Sean William Scott taking it on.

Who wants to bet against me that the torch is passed to a woman?

To be clear that is not a bad thing.

^Followed by introducing Larry Croft, to replace Laura in the next Tomb Raider ;)

I thought after the last one that the torch was going to Shia but his character didn't have a background in archaeology so... I think whoever gets the nod is going to depend on what direction the franchise is taken. My first thought after looking at a list of late 30s-early 40s actors was that Tom Hardy would be a great pick.

Wasn't Tomb Raider the (unofficial) female version? I'm surprised we haven't seen more movies in that vein...

We are over due for a genre shift soon... I'm over superhero flicks already.

Give me a MUMMY series again. That was a lot of fun.. I know Brandon fraiser is too... ummm.... old for it now But still something like that. Heck pick from the fit and smart marvel lineup to do it. Or let Ben Affleck have a crack at it. I bet he would rock!

Become a Patron!
Back