Here’s a New Tool for Determining Whether Your PC Can Run Windows 11

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-11-panos-panay-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft has already released an app called PC Health Check to help enthusiasts determine whether their PCs are capable of running Windows 11 or not. Users who are looking for a greater level of specificity can check out a new tool called WhyNotWin11, which provides additional insight on what hardware components they might need to upgrade or settings that should be changed in order to get their systems ready for the upcoming operating system. Developed by Robert C. Maehl, WhyNotWin11 is available for download on GitHub.

Image: Robert Maehl

WhyNotWin11 goes down the list of each of these...

Continue reading...

All you have to do to fix the TPM missing/disabled problem in regards to Windows 11 capability, all you have to do is enable it in the BIOS. It is usually disabled in the BIOS by default. BTW, on DIY systems TPM 1.2 and up is supported, it is only OEMs that TPM 2.0 is required. But yeah, just go into the BIOS, enable Secure Boot and Windows 11 should show compatibility, and work.

at least this tool works, I did have to fight windows as it would not download or run it initially.

at least this tool works, I did have to fight windows as it would not download or run it initially.
You think? I downloaded it tried it on two computers and it didn't do anything on them. An installing progress bar pops up for one milisecond then disappears and nothing happens after that.

You think? I downloaded it tried it on two computers and it didn't do anything on them. An installing progress bar pops up for one milisecond then disappears and nothing happens after that.

Well MS tool installs fine for me, when I try to run it after it says installing, then collecting data and then nothing.

This one just worked, only thing missing for me is the TPM version but I'm pretty sure I just need to enable that in my bios

Does MS have a Linux version? If one wanted to go from Linux to Windows on a given machine.

I do wish the tool was more descriptive when it fails a requirement.

Desktop with a 9-series Intel on an ASRock Z390 with discrete TPM module installed is a go.

Enabling fTMP in the MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi board (TR 3960x) makes it now compatible for Windows 11. Not sure how to test the Linux machine, it is a B550 board with a 3900x, should be OK. I have another rig I will test later with a B450 motherboard.

Become a Patron!
Back