Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel Reportedly Delayed to 2022

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
horizon-forbidden-dawn-state-of-play-gameplay-screenshot-1024x576.jpg
Image: Guerrilla Games

Sony has reportedly delayed Guerrilla Games’ upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Horizon Forbidden West, to the first quarter of 2022. The news comes from Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, whose sources claim that the heavily anticipated title won’t debut until next year despite Guerrilla’s hopes of releasing it in time for the 2021 holiday season. In development for both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 consoles, Horizon Forbidden West will continue the story of Aloy as she makes her way to the sequel’s titular territory in a post-apocalyptic earth that’s been rejuvenated by advanced robots and AI. Sony and Guerrilla premiered its first gameplay footage for Horizon Forbidden West during its State of Play event in May, which demonstrated a huge leap in graphics quality over the original. The inevitable PC port should look even...

Continue reading...

I wasn't expecting it this year anyways. And it makes no difference to me, cuz it will probably be a few years before I get to play it (which will hopefully be on PC).

Become a Patron!
Back