HP to Acquire HyperX Gaming from Kingston Technology for $425 Million

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
hyperx-logo-sphere-1024x576.jpg
Image: HyperX

HP Inc. has announced that it will be acquiring Kingston Technology’s gaming division, HyperX. The desktop and laptop PC giant confirmed its pending purchase in a press release published today, which noted that the deal would cost the company $425 million. Kingston will retain its DRAM, flash, and SSD products for gamers and enthusiasts.

“HyperX is a leader in peripherals whose technology is trusted by gamers around the world and we’re thrilled to welcome their outstanding team to the HP family,” said Enrique Lores, President and CEO, HP Inc. “We continue to advance our leadership in Personal Systems by modernizing compute experiences and expanding into valuable adjacencies. We see significant opportunities in the large and growing peripherals market, and the addition of...

Continue reading...

I always liked Kingston, HyperX was always my preferred RAM. Will see if HP lives up to it, or just swallows it for their own internal pre-built Omen stuff.

I always liked Kingston, HyperX was always my preferred RAM. Will see if HP lives up to it, or just swallows it for their own internal pre-built Omen stuff.

I have a feeling HP will cheapen everything up and slap a HyperX Omen label on stuff. Like they'll sell Omen desktops with a big fat sticker on the box that says "Now with HyperX Omen Keyboard, Mouse and RAM!" while it's the same hot gahbage they ship their units with.

Become a Patron!
Back