id Software Posts, but Then Removes, Minimum/Recommended Requirements for DOOM Eternal

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
doom-eternal-doom-slayer-helmet-1-1024x576.jpg
Image: id Software

For a short period yesterday, Steam had listed DOOM Eternal’s minimum and recommended requirements. It isn’t clear why they were removed, but this is what was originally posted:

Minimum Requirements (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

OS: 64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or betterMemory: 8 GB RAMGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB), GTX 1060 (6 GB), GTX 1650 (4 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)/RX 470 (4 GB)Storage: 50 GB available spaceAdditional Notes: (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

Recommended Requirements (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)

OS: 64-bit Windows 10Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or betterMemory: 16 GB RAMGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX...

Continue reading...

So pumped for Doom Eternal. Doom 2016 runs like a dream on all my systems. I loved how id Tech 6 could scale so well. Looking forward to trying out id Tech 7 here.

Wonder if my 8700k will be enough to run on nightmare specs? Most of the time in gaming benchmarks it is fairly equal with the 9900k. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Gotta admit I'm excited for this release too. Doom 2016 was excellent but repetitive. I'm on record here and the other place multiple times saying the PS1 version is what I consider the true version of Doom. I mean hell I still play the PS1 game pretty regular. It was slower paced, creepy music, scary atmosphere, it was just perfect. Doom 2016 is more running around like your hair is on fire shooting anything that moves.

Basically I think Doom should be more like Dead Space than Call of Duty with Demons but judging by the gameplay footage that they've released so far looks like I ain't get what I wished for.

Still looks to be a great game and I'm definitely in for a copy, just really want a true sequel to the PS1 games.

Become a Patron!
Back