Intel’s First Discrete Desktop GPU Goes on Sale as Part of CyberPowerPC Gaming System

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-dg1-4g-iris-xe-graphics-card-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

Intel’s first discrete desktop GPU, the Iris Xe-based “DG1,” is exclusive to system integrators and pre-built systems. The first of these systems has appeared courtesy of Best Buy, which has listed a “Gamer Xtreme Gaming Desktop” from CyberPowerPC that leverages one of Intel’s new DG1 graphics cards with 80 Execution Units (640 shading units) and 4 GB of LPDDR4X memory (68 GB/s). The PC also features an 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400F (6C/12T) processor and 500 GB SSD.

cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-side-profile-1024x576.jpg

While it may not sound important, this is actually a very important development in the PC market. The third player has officially entered the game. Later this year Intel will announce its DG2 graphics family, which will feature Xe-HPG architecture. Those...

Continue reading...

CyberPowerPC... really. Huh.

I always associated those guys as the budget build-to-order that encouraged you to put together builds that just don't work quite right together... and dumped reject builds en masse on Amazon and Newegg. I guess in that vein, this probably makes perfect sense.

This could be huge if they have better performance than the 2000 series. I don't expect it but if they did they would sell out fast.

CyberPowerPC... really. Huh.

I always associated those guys as the budget build-to-order that encouraged you to put together builds that just don't work quite right together... and dumped reject builds en masse on Amazon and Newegg. I guess in that vein, this probably makes perfect sense.
I just want to know if it can transcode well. I'd take that build and migrate it to something less hideous :)

Become a Patron!
Back