Intel Announces New Xeon CPUs with Lower Pricing, Slashes Costs of Coffee Lake F

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen effect continues. Intel today unveiled its new stack of Cascade Lake processors for the workstation, the Xeon W-2200 series, and they've received price cuts just like their HEDT counterparts. The 18C/36T W-2295, for instance, is nearly 50% cheaper ($1,333) than the last gen ($2,553).

Intel's latest Xeon-W processors utilise the same Cascade Lake architecture as the company's new 10th Generation X299 processors, offering Intel's "Deep Learning Boost" AI acceleration technology. With this, Intel can deliver a 2.2x performance boost over their last-generation of Xeon-W processors in neural network performance, giving AI-focused customers a clear reason to upgrade.

Intel has also reduced the pricing for its Coffee Lake F-series processors by $25. This seems like a modest difference, but it may be enough to convince more budget-conscious enthusiasts to go iGPU-less (e.g., the Core i3-9100F can now be had for just $97).

This is a big deal for Intel's low-end models and a minor dent in pricing for flagship models like the i9-9900KF. In the case of the i3-9100F, this represents a 25% price cut over the i3-9100.

Become a Patron!
Back