Intel CEO Warns That Chip Shortages Could Persist until 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-logo-blue-bg-textured-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger has warned that the global chip shortage may persist for quite a bit longer than anyone might have anticipated. Speaking during yesterday’s earnings call regarding Intel’s Q2 2021 financial results, Gelsinger reminded investors that the industry was still burdened by the lack of key components due to immense customer demand. Although the supply chain is expected to steadily improve over the course of the year, Gelsinger gave the dreary estimate that it could take “one to two years” before the industry reverts to a normalized state. That means select products might be tough to find without constant monitoring until 2023. Gelsinger also pointed out that Intel would have had more impressive results for Q2 if it weren’t for the shortages; revenue only grew 2 percent YoY for the company last quarter...

Continue reading...

Intel was complaining about shortages well before the pandemic hit even when there were plenty of chips on the shelves. This might be his way of saying others are ahead of them in the queue.

Is this "chip shortages" or "Intel chip shortages"

Or maybe they decided behind the scenes that a "shortage" is good business for them. All these CEOs nostredamusing a lasting shortage might just be their way of conditioning people to accept it as the new norm. Welcome to your corporatocracy.

As someone who works in the automobile business myself, I am tired of hearing all this speculation. I don't think anyone knows when and if this shortage will come to an end.

As someone who works in the automobile business myself, I am tired of hearing all this speculation. I don't think anyone knows when and if this shortage will come to an end.
I don't think it will, 2023 or 2024 or whatever... And this 'cause covid' is not making enough sense to me. This feels more like cause of trade war. But its difficult to find decent analysis either way. Perhaps when China gets their desired self sufficiency online in a decade or so, we will have tons of chips then.

Become a Patron!
Back