Intel Core i9-14900K May Perform Up to 11% Slower on ASUS’ New Intel Baseline Profile

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Core i9-14900K, one of Intel's flagship 14th Gen CPUs, may perform up to 11% slower on ASUS motherboards when the Intel Baseline Profile is enabled, according to new tests that show how the newly introduced profile, which comprises Intel's recommended settings and a lower power limit, performs in comparison to ASUS' defaults.

See full article...

I mean come on ASUS defaults were cook your CPU Defaults. The fact that the baseline setting is slower is a surprise to NO ONE.

ASUS has been pulling this kind of thing for many years. It's been one of the worst about cheating on benchmarks but pushing memory, base clocks and other values slightly higher than Intel specs. On more than one occasion, it has carried this too far.

ASUS has been pulling this kind of thing for many years. It's been one of the worst about cheating on benchmarks but pushing memory, base clocks and other values slightly higher than Intel specs. On more than one occasion, it has carried this too far.
Agreed. I won't be looking their way any time soon if I choose to upgrade.

I've reviewed a ton of ASUS boards over the years and I've rarely had problems with them. I've used many of them in my personal machines as well without issue.
Same here as far as using them without issue. I have the Z690 Maximus Formula that has been a rock solid board for me for example. I just won't be looking there way if I decide to upgrade is all I was stating since their practices have been less than stellar lately.

Become a Patron!
Back