Intel Core Ultra 9 285K Tops List of CPUs with Fastest Single-Thread Performance on PassMark, Beating Core i9-14900KS

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Core Ultra 9 285K, a new flagship desktop CPU from Intel that is said to feature the same 24-core (8P+16E) configuration as the current flagship but with a notably slower Thermal Velocity Boost Frequency of 5.7 GHz, is now number one on PassMark's list of CPU Mark rankings for single-threaded performance.

See full article...

That's pretty neat.

I mean, we expect new CPU's to improve upon previous ones, but still, with all of Intel's problems and distraction on TPU/AI stuff.

Still, chances of me buying one are remote.

After all of the reliability issues and failures with 13th and 14th gen CPU's it will probably be a while before I trust them again, because issues like these tend to take a while to rear their ugly heads.

Might take 2-3 CPU gens with no problems for me to regain confidence. Not sure. Will see how I feel over time.

Luckily, I don't need the fastest low threaded speeds. Most of what I do is going to be GPU limited anyway, as I play at 4k, with as high settings as possible, and am loathed to turn on any scaling or frame generation, so I can get away with pretty much any CPU for my gaming needs :p

Become a Patron!
Back