Intel: PCs Offer “Better Gaming Experience Than 100 Percent of Mac Laptops”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-better-gaming-experience-than-100-percent-of-mac-laptops-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel’s marketing department has spent a lot of effort over the past few months attempting to wean Apple fans off of Macs and onto the PC platform. One of the arguments that blue team has really enjoyed making is that Macs simply can’t compete in terms of gaming, a point that has been stressed yet again in new promotional slides that claim PCs provide a “better gaming experience than 100 percent of Mac laptops.” Intel supported its argument with first-party benchmarks of its latest 11th Gen Core H-series processors, suggesting that they can outperform Mac systems by as much as 3.54x in select titles. The company also argued that many popular games are not supported natively on MacOS and run poorly on virtualization software such as Parallels...

Continue reading...

I’ve met exactly one person who bought a Mac to play games… and that was one specific game that has a direct Mac version.

Out of dozens, if not hundreds, of people I have come across gaming.

So.. good job Intel. You win the Captain Obvious award

I never once considered a Mac for gaming. None of the gamers I know have considered a Mac for gaming.

They could also say "Better gaming experience than 100% of Chromebooks" as well.

The mac "gamers" I know are just using their corporate macbooks for occasional blizzard type games.

On the one hand, it's a good point; but it's also a point for AMD.

On the other, Apple is hot and heavy on eliminating that point. They're starting out small same as Intel has but I expect that Apple will quickly get some momentum behind M1 (etc.) gaming. And I'm not even mad. My next laptop will almost certainly be Apple / ARM, and largely because Apple has done the mountain of legwork to make a mobile workstation truly mobile.

I can also think of plenty of Intel ultralights and Walmart specials that in no way offer a better experience - gaming or otherwise - than any generationally equivalent Apple product.

Become a Patron!
Back