Intel Shows Off Tiger Lake Xe iGPU Running Battlefield V At 30 FPS

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-xe-graphics-poster-cropped-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

It appears that Intel is making some headway with its first Xe-based iGPU, which will debut with this year’s Tiger Lake mobile processors. Blue team’s Ryan Shrout took to Twitter yesterday afternoon to show off a prototype laptop sporting these very parts, and it seems to do a pretty nice job of running DICE’s latest Battlefield game, Battlefield V.

Perks of the job! Took a prototype Tiger Lake system for a spin on Battlefield V to stretch its legs. Impressive thin and light gaming perf with Xe graphics! Early drivers/sw, but it’s the first time I’ve seen this game run like this on integrated gfx. More later this year! pic.twitter.com/f1Qlz2jMyB— Ryan Shrout (@ryanshrout)...

Continue reading...

That's an improvement I guess, but I feel like "showing off" a 30fps solution for PC games is just going to get them laughed at.

Short of things like turn based strategy games, 30fps is typically considered "unplayable" these days.

It is big improvement coming from Intel, considering Iris Plus barely runs on low preset for 1080p. It puts Intel at least near parity with AMD with the Vega APUs until AMD moves away from Vega APUs.

Become a Patron!
Back