Intel Teases “Beast Canyon” NUC 11 Extreme Kit with RGB-Lit Skull and Support for Full-Length Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-nuc-11-extreme-kit-beast-canyon-cropped-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Intel’s family of NUC kits has become a popular option for enthusiasts seeking small form factor systems with core components that can be easily customized and upgraded. As part of Computex 2021’s opening day of festivities, Intel previewed an upcoming 8-liter NUC 11 Extreme Kit code named “Beast Canyon” that not only supports the latest Core i5, i7, and i9 H-series processors but select full-length discrete graphics card as well. In addition to the compute unit specifications previously leaked by ChipHell, Intel’s new Beast Canyon will also feature a large skull graphic on the face lit by RGB lighting...

Continue reading...

I'm honestly very interested. Pretty cool.

We have several NUCs and BRIX at the office, very capable, but some models are quite noisy.

I'm not really interested in that particular NUC, but I would be interested in a similar case.

I have an older NUC. I love it, but it is getting long in the tooth.

These have a place in the market for sure. I'd love to get a newer variation. Shame they don't have the AMD iGPU performance though.

I have an older NUC. I love it, but it is getting long in the tooth.

These have a place in the market for sure. I'd love to get a newer variation. Shame they don't have the AMD iGPU performance though.
There's one with VEGA graphics. But that's not saying much really.

Biggest concern is that these are low-volume parts, and priced accordingly.

And in a small box you're simply not getting full performance out of a 'full size' GPU without it screaming like a banshee either!

We have several NUCs and BRIX at the office, very capable, but some models are quite noisy.

I'm not really interested in that particular NUC, but I would be interested in a similar case.

I built a tiny BRIX system for my mom. Works great for what she needs and I slapped it on the back of her monitor.

This thing will cost so much I'd rather go ITX build route.

Become a Patron!
Back