John McAfee Found Dead in Spanish Prison at Age 75

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
john-mcafee-def-con-2014-1024x576.jpg
Image: NullSession

John McAfee, the British-born U.S. technology entrepreneur best known to many as the founder of the global computer security and antivirus software company bearing his name, was found dead today in a Barcelona prison at the age of 75. According to a report by Reuters, the cause of death was suicide following a decision by the Spanish high court to allow his extradition to the U.S. on tax evasion charges. McAfee reportedly avoided paying U.S. income taxes for eight years due to “idealogical” reasons and ended up going on the run to avoid trial, leaving the States and living for a period of time on a megayacht.

Spain’s high court said on Wednesday it agreed to extradite McAfee to the United States. The regional justice department confirmed that a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morale of the story - pay your **** taxes: they suck for everyone.

I don't wish that he had died - that's a shame. But I don't feel a lot of sympathy for his situation. He dug his own grave and jumped in with both feet it seems.

The dude had heaps of money, and ultimately money appears to be the root of the reason for his suicide.

This dude had desirable land all over the place. I can't guess as to.his suicide or death.

I don't have much sympathy. Seems like the situation could have been handled differently.

Seems he had more going on than tax evasion issues.

Become a Patron!
Back