Keanu Reeves Returning for John Wick 5

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
john-wick-3-gun-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lionsgate

You’d think that four John Wick movies might be enough, but Lionsgate isn’t stopping there. During today’s earnings call (via Deadline), studio CEO John Feltheimer revealed that a fifth installment was in the works. Obviously, Keanu Reeves is returning in the titular role, but what’s interesting is that he’ll be shooting both John Wick 4 and John Wick 5 back to back.

“We’re also busy preparing scripts for the next two installments of our John Wick action franchise, with John Wick 4 slated to hit theatres Memorial Day weekend 2022,” Feltheimer said. ” We hope to shoot both John Wick 4 & 5 back to back when Keanu becomes available early next year.”

Reeves is currently busy shooting Matrix 4, which has a...

Continue reading...

I feel like they already kind of jumped the shark after the third one. At least the action scenes were still great. We'll see what they do, but I feel that the series is only going to go downhill from here. Let's hope for the best.

I enjoyed the first movie, but lets not beat the horse until it's dead, then keep beating on it.
Don't forget the other horse in this race, Matrix 4. I'm guessing they're going to stick with the "R" theme and call it Resurrection. <gag>

JW1 was awesome
JW2 was ok
JW3 went to crazy town (it had it's moments, but on the whole.... ehhhh)

And now they are making JW4 and JW5 back to back. I know this saves on costs and such, but I struggle to recall movies done this way that were good. BTTF2 was good, but 3 was meh. Etc

I hope they have a better writer this time because JW3 was some of stupidest things I have even heard KEANU say...

I will watch the John Wick movies just like I have watched and enjoyed all of the Die Hard movies to date. You don't watch John Wick without suspension of disbelief. You go in understanding he's going to surf a fighter jet using his un-slung silk tie wrapped around the wrists of the pilot to guide the jet to fire it's forward mounted gatling cannon with such accuracy that he can take out a foot ball field of badguys holding puppies and not hit a single puppy. It's John ****ing Wick that's why.

But I also do pen and paper RPG's and LOVE that kind of natural 20 action ****. So it might just be me.

You don't watch John Wick without suspension of disbelief.

Suspension of disbelief wasn't the problem for me. Its lack of in universe consistency was. 2nd one was pushing it, third screwed the pooch.

JW1 was awesome
JW2 was ok
JW3 went to crazy town (it had it's moments, but on the whole.... ehhhh)

And now they are making JW4 and JW5 back to back. I know this saves on costs and such, but I struggle to recall movies done this way that were good. BTTF2 was good, but 3 was meh. Etc

I hope they have a better writer this time because JW3 was some of stupidest things I have even heard KEANU say...
The Lord of the Rings.

Become a Patron!
Back