LG Expands Wireless 4K 144 Hz OLED evo M4 TV Family with New 65″ Model

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The OLED evo M4, a series of OLED TVs that is advertised as the first and only TVs to be capable of wirelessly transferring video and audio at 4K 144 Hz, will be expanding with a 65-inch model, LG has announced.

See full article...

Yeah, I have zero desire to ever have a "wireless TV" I insist everything be wired. It's much more reliable that way, and also typically supports higher bandwidth. No "convenience", "comfort" or "aesthetic" sacrifices allowed :p

The one and only factor for consideration in my designs is performance/quality. Everything else is a distant runner up.

Anything and everything "Wireless" is just worse. Lower performance, less reliable, more susceptible to interference, less secure, you name it. It's usually also more difficult to set up as you sit there scratching your head wondering why the **** stupid thing won't pair.

The only benefits wireless have are the minor convenience and aesthetics of not having to look at wires, but in order to get that minor convenience and aesthetics benefit you give up WAY too much.

...a series of OLED TVs that is advertised as the first and only TVs to be capable of wirelessly transferring video and audio at 4K 144 Hz...
Wha.........WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
I didn't even know there was a commercial retail product capable of doing that! I'm like @Zarathustra when it comes to wired vs wireless, but still, that's pretty f*cking neat that it can wirelessly transmit audio and video, at 4K 144Hz no less. That's some crazy-@ss shiznit.

I can see it in my mind already
View attachment 3148
Naa, clean wiring is a thing, and it's VERY nice when properly configured. speaking of I need to go in the office and wire up some HBA's over fiber. This diagram made me think of crappy fiber runs first. Invariably you end up with SPOOLS. Just a matter of finding a good spot to hide them. ;)

I can see it in my mind already
View attachment 3148

It takes a little extra effort, but you can still conceal cables with good cable management.

My desktop setup requires a surprisingly excessive amount of cabling between the three monitors, their power, the external dac, amp and speaker cabling, headphones, etc. etc, yet I am able to organize it pretty well if I may say so myself:

01.jpg

02.jpg

This is not the latest configuration, but it is the latest I have pictures of at this moment.

It takes a little extra effort, but you can still conceal cables with good cable management.
Been thinking of ordering some of that cable management stuff from LTT, but knowing them transport costs are probably higher then the goods.

Naa, clean wiring is a thing, and it's VERY nice when properly configured
I know, but that's not where my mind went too, actually my first tought was someone almost strangled to death by his phone cord since if you are into wired you deffo would not be using a cellphone 😈

Been thinking of ordering some of that cable management stuff from LTT, but knowing them transport costs are probably higher then the goods.

I just got some cheap cable raceways from Amazon and stuck them to the bottom of my desk, running cabling through them.

I ran a bunch of them parallel to each-other with some spacing between them in order to separate things like audio from things that might cause noise in audio (data lines, 60hz noise from power, etc.), trying to only cross them at 90 degree angles. Its not perfectly aligned, but I have yet to discover any ill effects or noise this way (though that said, I moved all analog audio to balanced cabling long ago in order to get rid of noise, so I am not sure this is even an issue anymore)

These are the raceways I used:

It was a pretty good experience. I'd probably do it this way again.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back