LG Launches World’s First 4K Rollable TV for $87,000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-signature-oled-r-elevation-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

Those of you who have $87,000 to blow on a novelty might want to check out LG’s latest release. The Korean giant has finally begun selling its long-awaited OLED RX TV, which marketing is billing as the world’s first rollable television.

While the 65-inch display size is disappointing for such an absurdly priced product, its party trick (i.e., rolling into a narrow speaker box) is admittedly very cool to look at. The 4K HDR panel also boasts all of the usual OLED benefits, such as an “infinite” contrast ratio for true blacks and a 1-ms response time.

Unfortunately, LG’s SIGNATURE OLED R is only being sold at seven locations in South Korea. It isn’t clear when it’ll be released in other territories.

Original...

Continue reading...

I didn't realize south korea had wealthy people that wanted 65 inch TV's.

How lame, I thought you could just roll it up like a newspaper, stick it under your arm and walk away.
Was going to say. Now you still have that huge ugly speaker box that needs a way to be hidden.

I don't know what marketing moron super genius came up with this plan to try and sell $87k TVs.

Reminds me of the time I invented and marketed a $10k diamond encrusted condom. The Bling Banger! Sadly sales were not great, and people started making their own homemade knock-off versions by spray gluing glitter to "stuff". :cool:

Likely someone with $87k burning a hole in their pocket would probably already have everything they want anyway. lol

Not necessarily. Even if I was worth millions or more, there would always be some shiny new thing around the corner I'd want to buy.

Become a Patron!
Back