Linux Gaming Market Share Reaches 1 Percent on Steam

If there was a seamless, braindead, no performance loss way to play windows DX games on linux I might consider it. Running a windows VM to play games is not interesting to me.

Because snotty memes about desktops are excused from the facts? Sorry bud, your **** still stinks, even in here. Mobile has more players than desktop. Mobile is overwhelmingly Linux as well.
Apology accepted.

There has been a bunch of updates lately to Proton. I did have one that would kick me out of the game as it started up, but the next update hit pretty quick and I was back to playing it without issues again.

I'd like to see it continue to be supported. There are a few more games I'd like to play from my Steam backlog on my Linux box.

I am disappointed though of my lack of performance with the 2400G in linux vs Win 10. The support just wasn't there for that APU.

Ok.. I'm just asking here. But how sure are we that these Linux users are not just windows 11 users being misdietected? I'm not saying all of them.. just a bump of them.

Ok.. I'm just asking here. But how sure are we that these Linux users are not just windows 11 users being misdietected? I'm not saying all of them.. just a bump of them.
Probably not, when it breaks it down, it's pretty specific about which distro is being run.

If I take off my glasses and squint really hard - "Manjaro Linux" 64 bit kinda looks like "Windows 11" 64 bit... but not really.

Linux.... Often confuses the crap out of me when installing software.
Often i just trust all the console commands some random person wrote in bulletin board, which could very well be instructions to download a trojan horse for all I know. I guess theres repositories some where I assume they are secured I suppose...
Its a fairly fun and powerful os thats for sure ( ive used zorin os) one thing is going to be true going forward if you want for pc to be your pc it will have to be linux if you want to use Microsofts cloud desktop that has hardware you paid for, you use windows. Any sincere observer wouldn't disagree after the speed ms in moving, and the fact that sadly people EAT IT UP and pay their cloud office (and think it's great!) And their cloud adobe ( i had my wife go for affinity photo, and its a great software, lots of people moving to that one) people just eat up not owning anything and paying monthly, its a disgrace really.

Linux.... Often confuses the crap out of me when installing software.
Often i just trust all the console commands some random person wrote in bulletin board, which could very well be instructions to download a trojan horse for all I know. I guess theres repositories some where I assume they are secured I suppose...
Its a fairly fun and powerful os thats for sure ( ive used zorin os) one thing is going to be true going forward if you want for pc to be your pc it will have to be linux if you want to use Microsofts cloud desktop that has hardware you paid for, you use windows. Any sincere observer wouldn't disagree after the speed ms in moving, and the fact that sadly people EAT IT UP and pay their cloud office (and think it's great!) And their cloud adobe ( i had my wife go for affinity photo, and its a great software, lots of people moving to that one) people just eat up not owning anything and paying monthly, its a disgrace really.

I think its great that there are options.

I prefer Adobe's walled pay per month garden and it's not even expensive.
Affinity is great for retouching, not so much for Raw shooters.
And honestly if you really retouch a lot you should be in Photoshop anyhow and that comes with the Adobe plan. As does Camera RAW.

But $50 and be done is a great deal if Affinity gives you what you need.

Also worth mentioning is Exposure X7. https://exposure.software/

Become a Patron!
Back