LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP: Uncensored Remake of James Gunn and Suda51’s Hack-and-Slash Game Launches for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW RePOP, a remake of the 2012 action-adventure hack-and-slash game from developer Grasshopper Manufacture, game designer Goichi Suda (Suda 51), and filmmaker James Gunn that is said to be a definitive version of the cult classic, featuring 4K graphics, new chainsaws, 30 costumes, and even a "RePOP mode" that ushers in new pop-art-inspired damage effects, is now available for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PCs via Steam, developer Dragami Games has announced.

See full article...

My brother got this on X360 back during the 7th-gen days, and we both played through it a few times (it's a short game meant to be replayed). Believe it or not, this was the first time I could recall hearing of James Gunn. Out of all the Suda-51 games I have played (not many), this is the only one I like. I think it's his best game, but that's not saying a whole lot. The game is just barely aiight, but very flawed. I think the game would have turned out waaaaaay better if a completely different studio, like say Platinum Games, had made it. Anyways this was yet another game that didn't need a remaster. The normal price for this remaster appears to be $45. Yyyeeeaaahhh that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the f*ck too much money for this game.

I think Rockstar has ruined remasters forever by outsourcing GTA with zero quality control. Ever since then when I see a new remaster I don't wonder how it is improved, but how is it made worse, what huge blunder did they do? And on top of that you also have to worry about what did they censor or change for "modern audiences". I don't feel confident buying any remaster for these reasons.

Become a Patron!
Back