Margot Robbie to Star in New Pirates of the Caribbean Film

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
margot-robbie-harley-quinn-art-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Could you imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean movie without Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow in the lead? Well, you won’t have to, because that’s exactly what Disney is planning for the franchise’s next installment. According to an exclusive report from The Hollywood Reporter, Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street, Suicide Squad) has signed up for the main role, which will be written by Birds of Prey scribe Christina Hodson.

“While plot details are being kept in Davey Jones’ locker, the project, in early development, is not intended to be a spinoff of the long-running franchise that had pirate Jack Sparrow at its center, but rather a wholly original story with new characters under the Pirates moniker, itself...

Continue reading...

What in the world?

Has Disney gone mad? I mean, she's a looker, don't get me wrong, but Johnny Depp is Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yea I think this is riding the female empowerment train... could be alright I'm not going to discount it... then again i was never into the pirates of the Caribbean series either.

Oh, she's in a new PotC film? Not the movie being filmed in my pants huh? I guess I read the thread title wrong.

Become a Patron!
Back