Massive GTA VI Map Teased as Publisher Take-Two Cancels $140 Million in New Projects, Lays Off Hundreds

Fortinite
Diablo III
Destiny
ESO
The Division
So exclusively online / live service games that I have no interest in. BTW Diablo 3 got better? I heard the opposite.

Final Fantasy 14 is the biggest example I can think of.

I’d say Cyberpunk falls into the category as well.

Most Bethesda games release in an abysmal state and get better over time - you can argue if that’s due to Bethesda or the mod community or what

More recently I’d say BG3 is a much better game today than the day it released
No, no, no, no, you are missing the point. The argument was that mediocre games often become better, not that buggy games get fixed. It was my position that I'd rather have a buggy game that has all the features I want, than a mediocre game that is bug free.

And BG3 was an early access title, so it is kind of the point to get better. Or do you mean since the full release? How did it get better? Why have I not seen anyone covering this? Does that mean it wasn't good when it launched? But everyone was raving about how great it is! You're confusing me.

I don’t think I’m the one missing the point
Thanks a lot, what do I do with such a nothing burger?

You clearly didn't even read my OP where I mentioned Cyberpunk 2077, otherwise you would not have tried to use it as an example for something which it is clearly not. It is not a mediocre game that was made into a great game. It was a great but buggy game that was made into a great relatively bug free game by now.

Thanks a lot, what do I do with such a nothing burger?

You clearly didn't even read my OP where I mentioned Cyberpunk 2077, otherwise you would not have tried to use it as an example for something which it is clearly not. It is not a mediocre game that was made into a great game. It was a great but buggy game that was made into a great relatively bug free game by now.

Lets see if Star Citizen ever gets released... ever... so bad example just had to use it for some reason.

Mediocre game by who's metric? Can we agree on that first? Because you're just throwing out valid answers because they are not to your metric whatever that is. (so you can **** can anything anyone says.)

BTW Diablo 3 got better? I heard the opposite.
You heard wrong, D3 got better with time, that's not to say that the general consensus thinks it's a worthy successor to Diablo 2 even though I think it's a better game.

Lets see if Star Citizen ever gets released... ever... so bad example just had to use it for some reason.
I'm not sure what are you trying to say.
Mediocre game by who's metric? Can we agree on that first? Because you're just throwing out valid answers because they are not to your metric whatever that is. (so you can **** can anything anyone says.)
I could not have stated the metric any clearer. Games that are buggy but otherwise would be great i.e. Cyberpunk 2077 at release. Or games that are mediocre by design, like say Forspoken but relatively bug free at release that were made great later. I'm not saying Forspoken got great, but I can't think of a single non-live service game that would fit this criteria. Hence why I asked for examples.

And that's when Brian_B throws out Cyberpunk 2077 as an example of this with no explanation of why he thinks it wasn't a buggy but great game but a bad game that got better instead. I can only interpret this as he did not care to properly read my post. And when I pointed out that he misunderstood, giving him the benefit of the doubt to explain or revise his position, he throws in an insulting one line statement that is completely meaningless.

Last edited:
post. And when I pointed out that he misunderstood, giving him the benefit of the doubt to explain or revise his position, he throws in an insulting one line statement that is completely meaningless.
Yup. You are exactly right.

but I can't think of a single non-live service game that would fit this criteria. Hence why I asked for examples.
This. You never said live service games weren't alowed as examples but when given you dismissed them because they are live service games.

Become a Patron!
Back