MC: Core i9-10850K $319

Smack in the middle of AMD's price range deadzone. $269 for 3700x and $379 for 5800x. $399 for 3900x if you have to have all the cores. They have nothing in between, someone screwed up. I wonder if AMD will lower the price of the 5800x or release the oem only 5800 for same price to stop the bleeding on the biz they are losing....

Last edited:
Maybe we will see some other deals soon too. I have been toying with the idea of an Intel box

That's a great deal on that cpu. Been chugging along with mine.

Maybe we will see some other deals soon too. I have been toying with the idea of an Intel box

You'll probably need a very decent AIO, 240 or 360 to cool the 10850k, I read they are space heaters under load

You'll probably need a very decent AIO, 240 or 360 to cool the 10850k, I read they are space heaters under load
That's really the main reason these aren't a great buy. Having a 9900K myself (even harder to cool), while the performance leaves nothing desired, I'd prefer something that didn't spike in temperature so much. Makes fan profile management a pain!

If I remember off the top of my head it's 125 watt. If its anything like my 2920 TR, I'm sure it'll be great for winter use.
This deal appeals to me, but I'm thinking of going the 11600K route personally, which also performs at meltdown efficiency.
I am determined to go with the Lian Li TU150 case though, so I am limiting myself on coolers methinks.

Last edited:

If you got a decently cooled case then you don't need an AIO with the 10850K at stock IMO. I was on air for a while (Noctua Cooler), and it did just fine temp wise. Just went back to an AIO since I like the look better and not as much stress on the motherboard.

If you got a decently cooled case then you don't need an AIO with the 10850K at stock IMO. I was on air for a while (Noctua Cooler), and it did just fine temp wise. Just went back to an AIO since I like the look better and not as much stress on the motherboard.

Well sure but a Noctua air cooler equals price and performance of a mid grade AIO. The NH-D15 is a hundy on newegg. I see 240 and 360 AIOs on sale in that price range. https://www.newegg.com/Treat-Yo-sel...gg.com/nepro/21-1495/1920x360.jpg&N=100008008

Become a Patron!
Back