Micron Kickstarts PCIe 6.0 Ecosystem with New Data Center SSD That Can Deliver Speeds of over 26 GB/s

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Micron, a company that describes itself as a world leader in innovative memory solutions, is the first to have developed a PCIe Gen6 data center SSD for ecosystem enablement, one that is said to deliver sequential read bandwidths of over 26 GB/s, according to a press release that Micron shared this week.

See full article...

Holy crap on a stick that's a LOT of throughput. I wonder what the 4k seek times are.

The only problem here is at least for my enterprise use I would want some smaller drives... no big honking 10tb drives for me.

As much as I want to like products like these, I don't feel the need for such speed would be widely needed. Our environment which is SQL heavy with large datasets and a ton of random read/write operations we still barely crack .1ms of latency.

I guess if all you are doing is moving massive amounts of data around constantly, sure. For the majority of datacenter users you're going to see bottlenecks elsewhere in the infrastructure before ever coming close to hitting a performance wall with storage.

Become a Patron!
Back