Microsoft CEO Teases Next Generation of Windows

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
windows-10-sun-valley-glass-ui-collection-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft is hard at work on a major update for Windows 10 that will change how the popular operating system looks and feels. Official details pertaining to this so-called “Sun Valley” update could be coming sooner than expected, as Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella confirmed during today’s Build 2021 keynote that his company will have something to share about the next generation of Windows 10 “very soon.” Windows 10’s Sun Valley update is expected to introduce significant changes to the user interface, as well as a completely redesigned Microsoft Store.

“Soon we will share one of the most significant updates to Windows of the past decade to unlock greater economic opportunity for developers and creators. I’ve been self-hosting it over the past several months, and I’m incredibly excited about the next generation of Windows. […] We look...

Continue reading...

Gawd d*mnit, stop changing this f*cking OS! It's already like an amoeba! In the future, when people look back and remember Windows 10, each person is gonna remember a different OS from the next person.

Oh you want to change your access rights.. for 15 dollars a seat you can unlock the gpedit application!

I’m all for an OS evolving over time. I wish Microsoft understood that - not throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I’m all for an OS evolving over time. I wish Microsoft understood that - not throwing out the baby with the bath water.

To be fair that baby is a 42 year old and still living at home with some of the code borrowed from previous revisions of windows. I'm all for a core update..

To be fair that baby is a 42 year old and still living at home with some of the code borrowed from previous revisions of windows. I'm all for a core update..
Then they should update the core and stop moving all the control panels and UI stuff that I use every day.

I'm for evolving too, but not on my computer. Let it evolve, then when I want to I'll upgrade to the next version. But now they are forcing me to get to newer and newer versions whether I want to or not. For example what reason do I Have to update my backup box to 20H2? That has 4GB of ram and a conroe in it and only used as cold storage? And the system drive is 30GB. But windows is nagging me to update it to 20H2.

I'm for evolving too, but not on my computer. Let it evolve, then when I want to I'll upgrade to the next version. But now they are forcing me to get to newer and newer versions whether I want to or not. For example what reason do I Have to update my backup box to 20H2? That has 4GB of ram and a conroe in it and only used as cold storage? And the system drive is 30GB. But windows is nagging me to update it to 20H2.
It’s for that reason I put my older hardware on a different OS.

It’s for that reason I put my older hardware on a different OS.
I really don't have time for linux, and I feared they'd make using Windows 7 impossible some way, but that hasn't happened yet, so in hindsight I should've went with that.

Gawd d*mnit, stop changing this f*cking OS! It's already like an amoeba! In the future, when people look back and remember Windows 10, each person is gonna remember a different OS from the next person.

[Laughs in XFCE]

Become a Patron!
Back