Microsoft Confirms It’s Offered Sony a 10-Year Contract to Keep Call of Duty on PlayStation, Reiterates How Activision-Blizzard Acquisition Is Go...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has definitely offered Sony a 10-year contract to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation, according to Brad Smith, vice chair and president of Microsoft, who has written an opinion piece for The Wall Street Journal titled "Microsoft’s Activision-Blizzard Acquisition Is Good for Gamers" (alternate link) in which he states that the Windows maker has offered Sony a 10-year contract to make each new Call of Duty game available on PlayStation the same day it comes to Xbox.

See full article...

Meh, games aren't needs.
I think the internet is not yet considered an essential, it should be at this point.
However, games, game studios meh.

How bad does it look from Sony's perspective and as a potential investor. Sony is basically saying you will materially damage our profit on the whatever edition PlayStation devices if you do not make THIS specific game for them going forward.

If I was invested in Sony as part of my portfolio I would seriously be looking at backing out.

How bad does it look from Sony's perspective and as a potential investor. Sony is basically saying you will materially damage our profit on the whatever edition PlayStation devices if you do not make THIS specific game for them going forward.

If I was invested in Sony as part of my portfolio I would seriously be looking at backing out.
I think it's just posturing...

Yeah, CoD makes Sony a lot of money. But there is no guarantee now that ActiBliz would make another CoD game - they cold retire the IP and never make another one.. and Sony would continue on just fine. Sony relies mostly on their first party development to push console sales, which is a totally different strategy than MS is using - and they are just saying all of this to tank the acquistion by MS -- it has nothing really to do with CoD as it does Sony not wanting MS to acquire another major studio.

Become a Patron!
Back