Microsoft Confirms That Select Bethesda Games Will Be Exclusive to Xbox and PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
bethesda-joins-xbox-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Microsoft has confirmed that select new Bethesda games will be exclusive to the Xbox and PC platforms. The news comes from Head of Xbox Phil Spencer, who published a blog post this morning revealing that Microsoft’s acquisition of ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Bethesda Softworks, is now complete. Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios are now officially the newest members of Xbox Game Studios.

“This is the next step in building an industry-leading first party studios team, a commitment we have to our Xbox community,” Spencer wrote. “With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place...

Continue reading...

Is Beth really ready to kiss 1/3 of their market goodbye though? Unless the MS Empire will compensate them....

Is Beth really ready to kiss 1/3 of their market goodbye though? Unless the MS Empire will compensate them....

I guess they feel they will gain more in Xbox sales due to the exclusives than they will lose in Bethesda sales.

I have no love for consoles, and I am not personally upset by Sony being cut out, but in general exclusives are just ad all around. They lead to less consumer choice and only benefit the massive corporations.

Ideally I'd like to see some sort of gaming Volker rule, where you can develop games, develop game platforms/consoles or sell games in retail or online stores, but only one of the three, and all intentional platform exclusives are banned.

I'm generally opposed to lock-in's and lock-outs of any kind for any reason. They are just a way for the most powerful to manipulate the market in their favor while hurting the consumer.

Xbox pc game pass looking better every day

I refuse to buy it on principle alone. I will never buy anything named "Xbox". It reminds me of a ****ty console, and I hate ****ty consoles :p

That, and I am probably more picky when it comes to titles than most. I know what I like (these days it is single player, first person story based titles, with some role playing elements) and I buy that, and only that. Even if it didn't carry the insulting name of a console, I don't want anything bundled into a package. That just reminds me too much of my ****ty cable package I have been wishing would go a-la-carte for 25 years.

Because the division Zenimax is now part of is literally called "Xbox Game Studios." They changed it from Microsoft Game Studios in 2019 to unify their video game brands.

"Xbox is our gaming brand across all devices."
https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-game-s...s-big-changes-for-microsofts-focus-on-gaming/

I lack the words to describe how much I hate that.

The name "Xbox" to me conjures images of borderline developmentally disabled 13 year olds covered in cheeto crumbs experimenting with the latest homophobic slurs they just discovered in order to unsuccessfully try to sound cool in front of their "friends" they have never met.

They can call it fairy ponyland, for all I care, as long as the service is good, but it isn't. It goes through the microsoft store on PC, which is utter garbage and I could barely put up with it when I got the games pass for free. I'm not going to subscribe for it for money, or buy any game on it as long as it is a pos service.

They can call it fairy ponyland, for all I care, as long as the service is good, but it isn't. It goes through the microsoft store on PC, which is utter garbage and I could barely put up with it when I got the games pass for free. I'm not going to subscribe for it for money, or buy any game on it as long as it is a pos service.
I never really had any issues with the MS store, granted I just use it to install games and that's it.

I never really had any issues with the MS store, granted I just use it to install games and that's it.
No choosing of game install locations, some games get installed on a random drive, other games to another drive, but all in hidden non-user accessible folders, slow, failing downloads, no modding of any kind allowed. I probably still have many dozens of gigabytes of leftover game files scattered on my drives despite not using it for anything in a year. These are all deal breakers for me.

No choosing of game install locations, some games get installed on a random drive, other games to another drive, but all in hidden non-user accessible folders, slow, failing downloads, no modding of any kind allowed. I probably still have many dozens of gigabytes of leftover game files scattered on my drives despite not using it for anything in a year. These are all deal breakers for me.
This has been my experience as well. Disappointing.

Become a Patron!
Back