Microsoft Deciding Whether Bethesda Games Come to PlayStation, Switch On a “Case-by-Case Basis”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
starfield-logo-trailer-planet-overlay-1024x576.jpg
Image: Bethesda

As you might have heard by now, Microsoft is acquiring ZeniMax Media and Bethesda Softworks’s network of critically acclaimed studios (e.g., Bethesda Game Studios, id Software) for an epic $7.5 million in cash. One of the bigger questions that gamers are asking (particularly those in the Sony or Nintendo camp) is whether future installments of DOOM, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls will be released on competing consoles. Surprisingly, that could actually happen.

In an interview with CNBC, head of Xbox Phil Spencer not only confirmed that Microsoft would be upholding previous agreements (e.g., Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo will remain as timed exclusives for the PlayStation 5), but that it would also consider...

Continue reading...

So glad that Microsoft is on board with dual releasing Xbox games on PC as well. (For now at least)

Considering Skyrim is one of my favorite games. I've been waiting for them to release the 6th Elder Scroll game.

7.5... MILLION? Fix the article gent's you're off by a few 0's.

;)

Otherwise I'll wait and see. I don't game on consoles so brass tax... I DGAF what happens to PS5 or Switch gaming.

Become a Patron!
Back