Microsoft Edge Overtakes Firefox in Desktop Browser Market Share

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
microsoft-edge-logo-water-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Despite officially releasing only a year and three months ago on January 15, 2020, Microsoft’s modern, Chromium-infused version of Edge is rapidly gaining in popularity against its veteran competitors. These include Mozilla’s long-running Firefox browser, which, according to new data shared by StatCounter and compiled by Windows Latest, has already fallen behind Edge in desktop market share and popularity (8.03 percent vs. 7.95 percent for the month of March). While Google Chrome still remains king with a seemingly unbeatable 67.14 percent in market share, the increasing popularity of Edge suggests that Microsoft’s browser can actually compete to some degree, particularly against Mozilla and Apple’s offerings...

Continue reading...

I've been using it at work and it's surprisingly not terrible. Still would rather stick with Firefox at home though.

I'm not a huge fan of Edge, but its not awful.

Probably the zombies who never bother to change their browser, and just accept whatever Microsoft chooses on their behalf.

Been using it at work since Chromium works better for certain of our web stuff.

Firefox and Pale Moon for me. I know a lot of people who use Chrome though.

What's Firefox? Oh that browser we used to use 15 years ago because Internet Explorer was horrendous?

Chrome... chrome is the way

Become a Patron!
Back