Microsoft Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over Xbox Controllers, which Allegedly Suffer from Joystick Drift

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-elite-controller-series-2-hero-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Imagine paying nearly $200 for a controller with analog sticks that begin inputting random commands right after the warranty period ends. That’s what one unlucky Xbox Elite Controller owner has alleged in a class action lawsuit filed against Microsoft this week. According to plaintiff Donald McFadden, who went through two of them, joystick drift has been a real issue plaguing Xbox controllers since 2014 – but Microsoft won’t own up to it.

“McFadden alleges that Microsoft is fully aware of the drifting defect after numerous online complaints received from its customers, and yet ‘failed to disclose the defect and routinely refuses to repair the controllers without charge when the defect manifests,'” reported VGC.

“The lawsuit claims the...

Continue reading...

Man, I've owned so many xbox controllers over the years, as well as PS controllers, and they all start doing this eventually. Where one of the analog sticks will start to drift in one direction. It's why I wind up buying new controllers.

I bought my Elite controller a few months after is launched and I've used it nearly everyday without issue... that I've noticed.

Become a Patron!
Back