Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Lands on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Game Pass Next Year with an Evolved Engine

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft and Asobo Studio have announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 will be available day one on Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Windows 10/11, and Steam next year. The announcement of the game may come as a small (albeit welcome) surprise to some, as Flight Simulator X and Flight Simulator, the most recent mainline installments, saw a 13-year gap between their releases, having debuted in 2006 and 2020, respectively. Asobo Studio has promised that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 will offer an "unprecedented level of accuracy," although more details won't be coming until a later date.

See full article...

oooooh, this I have to try, I have been very impressed with the current FS

So they choose to make people buy the game over and over again? It would be much fairer if the engine upgrades were free and they made money on the content only.

My problem with this type of game always has been being bored to tears. I like the first 2 minutes, and the last, the in between bit not so much. Flight Unlimited at least overcame this by being focused on acrobatics instead of commercial aviation.

Or there could be challenges putting you right in the middle of action, skipping the time waster bits. Even FS 98 had things like that. Like landing a Chessna on an aircraft carrier.

So they choose to make people buy the game over and over again? It would be much fairer if the engine upgrades were free and they made money on the content only.

My problem with this type of game always has been being bored to tears. I like the first 2 minutes, and the last, the in between bit not so much. Flight Unlimited at least overcame this by being focused on acrobatics instead of commercial aviation.

Or there could be challenges putting you right in the middle of action, skipping the time waster bits. Even FS 98 had things like that. Like landing a Chessna on an aircraft carrier.

You know, last Ms Flight Sim I played was in the early 90's. I think it was Flight Sim 3, possibly 4, loaded from a 5.25" floppy on my 286. Not sure which one it was.

Yes, I do recall it being a little bit on the dry side once you got past the "this is pretty cool" factor. Just flying around aimlessly wasn't my idea of a good time, but I have it on good authority that it is a pretty impressive simulator.

You know, last Ms Flight Sim I played was in the early 90's. I think it was Flight Sim 3, possibly 4, loaded from a 5.25" floppy on my 286. Not sure which one it was.

Yes, I do recall it being a little bit on the dry side once you got past the "this is pretty cool" factor. Just flying around aimlessly wasn't my idea of a good time, but I have it on good authority that it is a pretty impressive simulator.
I have a coworker who uses it to practice his FCS and instrumentation.

I know this has its ardent fans, but to me this looks like the most boring thing imaginable, and I literally have watched paint dry, granted the good one with the voc's, but still.

Become a Patron!
Back