Microsoft Investigating Unresponsive Face Buttons on Xbox Series X|S Controllers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
xbox-series-x-controller-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Some of Microsoft’s latest Xbox controllers, which were explicitly designed for its next-generation Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles, suffer from non-responsive face buttons. The company confirmed the potential defect in a statement sent to competitive gaming outlet The Loadout today, noting that its engineering teams were actively working on a solution to the issue. Microsoft didn’t elaborate on what the root cause of the problem might be, however.

“At Microsoft, we put all of our products through rigorous quality assurance testing and are committed to providing customers with an unparalleled gaming experience,” Microsoft said in its statement. “We are aware some players may be experiencing unresponsiveness with their new Xbox Wireless Controllers and our teams are actively working on a solution. For the best experience, we encourage customers to...

Continue reading...

Well that's all of the big three then that have crappy controllers, going to have to be happy I did not find a PS5 or series X yet the way things are going.

I got an XBSX controller for Christmas from a friend. Haven't had any issues with it so far. Hope things stay that way. I don't usually buy early-revision controllers. I wait a few years for any potential issues to be ironed out.

Haven't even touched it. Been happily using my Elite Series 2 since getting my Series X.

Become a Patron!
Back